Deadline: 8 July 2019
The United Nations Development Program Georgia (UNDP) with the financial support of the Swiss Development and Cooperation Agency (SDC) is implementing the project “Modernization of Vocational Education and Training system (VET) related to agriculture in Georgia (Phase II), which aims at creating and developing a modern system of vocational education and extension in agriculture in Georgia.
The purpose of the Call for Proposals is to support vocational educational, training/retraining institutions and other short-term training provider organizations (NGO’s) operating in the field of agriculture, for their capacity building and further development to implement new authorization standards through the allocation of small grants.
To this end, UNDP project intends to:
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Strengthen public-private partnerships in the delivery of vocational education;
- Support institutional development of vocational educational institutions;
- Strengthen human capital;
- Enhance the capacity of VET institutions in the preparation and development of project proposals.
Grant Project Application shall be in line with above-mentioned main directions of the grant competition and should strive to achieve at least one output listed below preferably with the focus on the agricultural sector:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Improvement of the internal efficiency of the management system, including quality management system (QMS), operations and administration of resources.
- Improvement of the teachers in-house professional development system;
- Promotion of vocational education;
- Establishment of linkages with the labour market through strengthened cooperation between the private sector and vocational education and/or vocational training institutions and by introduction of the supporting tools;
- Improvement and development of the quality and consistency of vocational education and training, improvement of learning outcomes assessment practices;
- Development of student services including extracurricular activities;
- Strengthening and development of the engagement of all, including women and socially vulnerable groups;
- Strengthening lifelong learning opportunities in the agriculture sector;
- Introduction of entrepreneurial and innovative schemes to support the provision of high quality and market-relevant VET programs, including interdisciplinary and WBL programs, production value chains, jointly provided programs, VET-based agricultural extension models, etc.
The amount allocated for each grant should be not less than GEL 10,000 and up to GEL 40,000.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Project Implementation Timeframe
Duration of the grant project submitted within the grant project application shall not exceed 24 months, starting from the date of the contract signature to the date when all relevant activities have been successfully completed.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- Vocational educational, training/retraining institutions and other short-term training provider organizations (NGOs) operating in the field of agriculture/food processing. All the above-mentioned institutions have to demonstrate proven experience and capabilities in carrying out the formal and/or non-formal vocational education and training in the field of agriculture/food processing.
- Organizations should be registered in accordance with the legal requirements of the Government of Georgia, must be able to provide the organization’s statute and the debt certificate.
- Coalitions (partnership) with VET/training providers, NGOs and the private sector are encouraged.
How to Apply
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
Please send the completed application electronically via e-mail at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit http://procurement-notices.undp.org/view_notice.cfm?notice_id=56415