Deadline: 13 July 2017
Applications are open for the Swiss Forum for International Agricultural Research (SFIAR) Award 2017 for graduates and scientists of a Swiss institution who work in agricultural research for development.
The SFIAR is an informal multi-stakeholder group of Swiss institutions and private individuals interested in agricultural research for development (ARD). Members come from research institutions, NGOs, the private sector, farmers’ organisations and public agencies, as well as individuals.
- Sharing information between ARD stakeholders in Switzerland
- Promoting the visibility of Swiss ARD
- Playing an advocacy role at policy level
- Serving as a national partner in international initiatives
- Promoting collaboration between actors in Swiss ARD
- support relevant agricultural research for development
- promote knowledge on and visibility of Swiss ARD
The SFIAR Award 2017 is restricted to the following:
- one prize (CHF 10’000) for the best team project;
- one prize (CHF 1’000) for the best Master thesis.
Eligible for the SFIAR Award is research that
- has been carried out at or in close collaboration with a Swiss institution involved in ARD
- has appropriate linkages in developing countries
- has been completed preferably no longer than three years ago (for Master’s Thesis Award: master’s thesis submitted preferably not longer than 18 months ago)
How to Apply
Interested applicants must fill the attached application form via given website.
For more information, please visit SFIAR Award 2017.