Deadline: 21 April 2017
National Science Foundation (NSF) of Sri Lanka and the Pakistan Science Foundation (PSF) are calling for proposals on joint research and development from research groups involving members from both countries.
NSF and PSF are the apex bodies for promotion and funding of scientific research and commercialization as well as science popularization in their respective countries.
Focus and Priorities
- Food and Agriculture
- Natural Products
- Marine Resources/Sciences
- Material Sciences
Joint Research and Development Projects must contribute towards the development of Industry, Technology, Process, Techniques, Prototypes, Commercialization and Innovation, leading to socioeconomic development of both countries. Joint Research Proposals which are of applied nature will be given preference.
- Sri Lankan and Pakistani scientists should come to an agreement with each other using their own means of communication and jointly develop and complete their project proposals before submission (Note that PSF and NSF do not match the collaborating partners).
- The Principal Investigator (PI) of the Sri Lankan Research Team should submit the duly filled application of the ‘International Collaborative Research Programme (ICRP)’ and the ‘Prescribed form of Application’ to the NSF while the collaborating Pakistani Researchers should simultaneously submit their Prescribed form of Application to the PSF.
- Proposals submitted individually from any side without a Sri Lankan or Pakistani collaborator will not be processed further.
- The duration of the projects should not exceed three years.
- Purpose of visits in one direction under submitted Joint Research Project should be;
- Collaborative research
- Training of Scientists
- To participate in small workshops (which would be the part of Joint Research Project)
How to Apply
An electronic version of the application should also be e-mailed at the address given on the website.
Eligible Countries: Sri Lanka and Pakistan
For more information, please visit Call for Proposals.