Deadline: 2 June 2017
The European Union (EU) is currently accepting proposals from eligible organisations for a program entitled “Support to agricultural cooperatives in the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia “in order to contribute to improve the competiveness of the agriculture sector in the beneficiary country in line with EU accession requirements”.
The objective of this call for proposals is to create incentives for farmers to cooperate and thereby increasing marketing opportunities, economic development and overall productivity in the agricultural sector.
- Providing institutional support to MAFWE in order to improve the legislation related to agricultural cooperatives and to design effective and efficient policy measures under the National Programme for Rural Development
- Strengthening existing agricultural cooperatives and supporting the creation of new ones.
Size of Grants
Any grant requested under this call for proposals must fall between EUR 1.6 million and EUR 1.8 million.
- In order to be eligible for a grant, the lead applicant must:
- be a legal person
- be a specific type of organisation such as: non-governmental organisation, public body, local authority, economic actor, international (inter-governmental) organisation of the Rules of application of the EU Financial Regulation
- be established in a Member State of the European Union or in a country covered by Regulation (EU) No 236/2014 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 11 March 2014 laying down common rules and procedures for the implementation of the Union’s instruments for financing external action. This obligation does not apply to international organisations
- be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary.
- Potential applicants may not participate in calls for proposals or be awarded grants if they are in any of the situations.
- The lead applicant must declare that the lead applicant himself, the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies) are not in any of these situations.
- The Lead Applicant must act with minimum 1 and maximum 3 co-applicant(s) as specified hereafter:
- Eligible applicants established in the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (the country where this Call is launched and the action will be implemented), must act with at least one (1) co-applicant established in any of the eligible countries
- Eligible applicants not established in the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia must act with at least one (1) co-applicant established in the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia.
- If awarded the grant contract, the lead applicant will become the beneficiary identified as the Coordinator. The Coordinator is the main interlocutor of the Contracting Authority. It represents and acts on behalf of any other co-beneficiary (if any) and coordinate the design and implementation of the action.
How to Apply
In order to apply for the grants, applicants have to register themselves in PADOR, an on-line database via given website.
Eligible Countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the UK, The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia.
For more information, please visit Europeaid and download the guidelines.