Deadline: 2 April 2017
The Science and Technology Development Fund (STDF) is seeking applications to provide grants under its National Challenges Projects (NCP) to address public and private sector priority needs in all areas with the ultimate goal of improving socio-economic issues and/or enhancing the nation’s GDP.
The objectives of this call are proposed to encourage scientists to respond to society needs and market demand, and to apply innovative or applicable solutions to urgent and pressing problems facing the society (NCP) and/or the private sector (DDP). Other objectives are enhancing and effectively transferring knowledge and technology to end-users and building upon other STDF programs, with special focus on high priority (National/private) needs.
A successful proposal will receive STDF funding of up to LE 3 million over a maximum period of two years.
- Although national priorities include all topics related to; Water, Energy, Health, Agro/Food and ICT, any proposal matching the grant objectives will be considered a priority of STDF.
- Examples may include assisting a production establishment to:
- Introduce a new product that is being currently imported
- Improve a nationally produced product to pass and meet exportation norms thus generating foreign currency
- Minimize production costs of a nationally produced product thus meeting challenges resulting from similar imported products at lower costs
- New way in early diagnosis, prevention or treatment of endemic disease
- Any Egyptian researcher (PhD/MD holder) affiliated to an Egyptian research entity (university, research institution/center…etc.) having well-documented scientific research and development activities in a relevant area is eligible for funding in accordance with governing rules and regulations of governmental funding.
- The applicant will act as the project’s Principal Investigator (PI).
- End user/Beneficiary commitment is a must to consider the application. Collaboration between research institutions and the end user/beneficiary throughout the implementation is highly expected.
- The proposed activities must include a well-planned applied research project which has clearly defined technical and economic (or socio-economic) objectives and desired outcomes, as well as a detailed methodology.
- The proposed project should not be funded by any other STDF funding grant or any other funding agency. Otherwise, any other sources of funding should be clearly stated and explained in the proposal.
- If more than one institution is involved, it has to be clearly stated which institution is in charge and the role of each institution has to be specified.
- Proposals which do not fulfill the eligibility criteria will not be evaluated.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Country: Egypt
For more information, please visit STDF.