Deadline: 12 May 2017
The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS) is seeking applications for its Local and Regional Food Aid Procurement program (LRP) with an aim to support development activities to strengthen the capacity of food-insecure developing countries and address the causes of chronic food insecurity.
The USDA LRP Program will focus primarily on development programs, although the rule also provides for the furnishing of food assistance through an emergency response (7 CFR § 1590), through a field-based project for a period of not less than one year and not more than two years.
- Estimated Total Program Funding: $5,000,000
- Award Ceiling: $2,500,000
- Award Floor: $1,000,000
- In accordance with the LRP Regulations (7 CFR § 1590.1(d)), a private voluntary organization, a cooperative, or an intergovernmental organization is eligible to submit an application to become a recipient under LRP.
- An entity (including subcontractors and sub-recipients) will be considered ineligible if the entity has been designated by the USG as debarred or suspended in USG funded procurements or otherwise prohibited by applicable U.S. law or executive order or U.S. policies.
- Applications will be prioritized for the following countries: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Ethiopia, Guatemala, Honduras, Kenya, and Tanzania.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
Eligible Countries: United States, Benin, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Ethiopia, Guatemala, Honduras, Kenya, and Tanzania.
For more information, please visit Grants.gov.