Deadline: 30 November 2016
YPARD Nepal is seeking applications from all interested Nepalese young agricultural entrepreneurs (aged 18 to 39) to participate in a national level “Storytelling Contest” that aims to bring in the entrepreneurs with the most innovative and motivating stories of youth enterprises with the best social potential and impact.
With advent of new information, communication tools and technologies along with connection to the wider communities, the stereotype in agriculture is changing and new and innovative generations are interested in it, but their experience remains undocumented. These stories of learning comprise both failure and success and involve process and methods for their outcome.
Those can be inspiring stories for other fellow farmers and help them to solve their problem and adding on new innovation and bringing expertise in them. For this, it is crucial to develop proper environment of experience sharing. Hence a storytelling contest that can encourage youth participants to learn about agriculture related know-how technology to reduce risks and make them more comfortable to adopt new innovations and approaches in it seems like a necessity.
The storytelling presentation will be in Pecha-Kucha format, with guidance of YPARD Nepal members.
- Motivating: The motivation of the entrepreneur to come up with their enterprise, and are expected to encourage other youths in starting phase.
- Innovative: The use of innovative and technological approaches in the agri-business system and their impacts on success of enterprise.
- Social Impact: The exemplary role played by the entrepreneur/enterprise to bring positive social perception and agricultural development.
Note: As any entrepreneurship story may consist all of the three factors mentioned above, however, the story should be submitted on only one category that best describes.
The Jury will select 1 winner (recognition as- Storytelling Champion) from each category based on story presented, and will be awarded with NRs. 20,000 for each winner.
The eligible applicants include:
- Only Nepalese young agri-entrepreneurs (18-39 years).
- Representative of the enterprise, if entrepreneur is not available.
- Representatives from organizations which have done remarkable work on youth agri-entrepreneurship.
Note: Priority is for those agri-entrepreneurs, who are at the beginning stage, and who are running their enterprise for not more than 4 years from the date of submission. Individual farmers (family farming) and farmers’ groups in the community, as well as women and people from disadvantaged groups are highly encouraged to apply.
- Call for application: 20th October 2016
- Application deadline: 30th November 2016
- Public Voting: 1st December to 10th December 2016
- Finalist selected and notified: 15th December 2016
- Grand Finale: 30th December 2016 at Agriculture and Forestry University, Chitwan, Nepal.
How to Apply
To apply in storytelling contest for young agri-entrepreneurs, one can submit the story (written in either English or Nepali language) about their enterprise (150-300 words) and one to three images of enterprise online via given website.
Eligible Country: Nepal
For more information, please visit YPARD Nepal Call for Applications.