Apply now for the American Climate Leadership Awards (ACLA) which offers $175,000 in financial rewards and national recognition to exemplary climate leaders and organizations building public support and political resolve for climate solutions at local, regional, and national levels.
- 30 applicants will be recognized with cash awards.
- 20 semifinalists will receive $1,000 in recognition of their efforts.
- 8 finalists will receive a total of $10,000 to further your work.
- One runner up will receive a total of $25,000.
- One winner will receive a total of $50,000.
- The finalists, runner up and winner will receive prominent recognition at the American Climate Leadership Summit 2023 and in key communications before, during, and after the event including social and traditional media.
- The American Climate Leadership Awards seeks submissions from initiatives that have:
- Demonstrated leadership and success in engaging a broader diversity of Americans to build public support and political resolve for climate solutions.
- A strong track record of effective climate action, including clear program objectives, tactics, and measurable results.
- Successful programs or initiatives on a local, regional, or national level that can be replicated by others on a local level.
- Centered diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice in their work.
- For current programming only (plans for future programs will not be considered).
- Transformational individuals/leaders who are employing innovative methods to engage a diversity of Americans in climate change solutions locally, regionally, and/or nationally.
- Outstanding not-for-profits that have demonstrably moved their communities, organizations, or constituencies to effective climate action and advocacy, including community, health, faith, youth and other organizations.
- For profits with initiatives to build support for climate action with their stakeholders.
- Conservation, local and rural community leaders/groups – conservation leaders and organizations; local and rural communities groups; and conservative groups.
- The Selection Committee for ACLA23 is comprised of climate experts and leaders from across a diversity of sectors and constituencies, who will score the submissions based on the following criteria:
- Impact and a track record of success, including measurable key success metrics.
- Replicability, in other words, how easily another person or organization could follow your example and recreate a similar program for another region or constituency. Please share your effective tactics.
- Innovation, including new, novel or uniquely effective tactics.
- Effective storytelling including demonstrating the success of how your program built public support and/or political will to slow and/or stop climate change.
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion, demonstrating how your program has centered DEI and justice and worked to dismantle racism and environmental racism.
For more information, visit https://ecoamerica.org/american-climate-leadership-awards-2023/