Deadline: 19 June 2019
Applications are open for LIFE Nature & Biodiversity with an aim specifically at contributing to the development and implementation of EU policy and legislation in the area of nature and biodiversity. Projects financed must have a European added value and be complementary to those actions that can be financed under other EU funds during the period 2014-2020.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The priority area LIFE Nature & Biodiversity focuses on:
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- contributing to the development and implementation of EU policy and legislation in the area of nature and biodiversity, in the Union Biodiversity Strategy to 202010, and the Birds and Habitats Directives;
- supporting the further development, implementation and management of the Natura 2000 network;
- improving the knowledge base for the development, implementation, assessment, monitoring and evaluation of EU nature and biodiversity policy and legislation, and for assessing and monitoring factors, pressures and responses that impact on nature and biodiversity.
- LIFE Nature projects: activities for the implementation of the Birds and/or Habitats Directives in particular:
- Activities aimed at improving the conservation status of habitats and species, including marine habitat and species, and bird species, of Union interest;
- Activities in support of the Natura 2000 network bio-geographical seminars;
- Integrated approaches for the implementation of prioritised action frameworks.
- LIFE Biodiversity projects: activities for the implementation of the Union Biodiversity Strategy to 2020, in particular:
- Activities aimed at contributing to the achievement of Target 2;
- Activities aimed at contributing to the achievement of Targets 3, 4 and 5.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- General scope: LIFE Nature projects aim to support the further development, implementation and management of the Natura 2000 network in particular by applying, developing, testing and demonstrating approaches, best practices and solutions.
- Geographic scope: LIFE Nature projects must take place on the terrestrial and/or marine territory of the EU Member States where the EU Birds and Habitats Directives apply.
- Project topics: According to the LIFE multiannual work programme for 2018–2020, the following project topics contributing to Target of the Biodiversity Strategy to 2020 to fully implement the Birds and Habitats Directives are given priority:
- Improvement of the conservation status of habitat types or species of Community Interest under the EU Birds and Habitats directives, targeting Natura 2000 sites proposed or designated for these habitat types or species.
- Projects aimed at improving the conservation status of habitat types or species of Community Interest, provided, their status is not ‘favourable/secure and not declining’ or ‘unknown’ according to the most recent overall assessments that Member States have provided at the relevant geographic level according to Article of the Habitats Directive or to the most recent assessments according to Article Birds Directive and EU-level bird assessments.
- Implementing the marine component of the Habitats and Birds Directives and related provisions under the Marine Strategy Framework Directive descriptor, where such projects focus on one or several of the following actions:
- completing and finalising national inventories for setting up the offshore marine Natura 2000 network of sites,
- restoration and management of marine Natura 2000 sites, including the preparation and implementation of site management plans, actions addressing species-, habitat- or site-related conflicts between marine conservation and fishermen or other ‘marine users’, as well as actions which combine conservation measures with a sustainable use of Natura 2000 sites, and/or
- demonstrative or innovative approaches to assess or monitor the impact of human activities on critical marine habitats and species and their application as a tool to guide concrete conservation measures.
- General scope: LIFE Biodiversity projects must contribute to implementing the EU Biodiversity Strategy to 2020 targets and actions, with a view to achieving the objectives of the 2020 headline target of “halting the loss of biodiversity and the degradation of ecosystem services in the EU by 2020, and restoring them in so far as feasible, while stepping up the EU contribution to averting global biodiversity loss”, other than those already covered by LIFE Nature.
- Geographic scope: LIFE Biodiversity projects generally take place on the terrestrial and/or marine territory of the EU Member States. This includes the French Overseas Departments.
- Project topics: According to the LIFE Multiannual Work Programme for 2018-2020, the following project topics focusing on the implementation of Targets 2, 3, 4 and 5 of the Biodiversity Strategy to 2020 are given priority:
- Development and implementation of Green Infrastructure plans and actions improving the condition of ecosystems and the services they provide and/or the connectivity between Natura 2000 sites and/or other protected areas.
- Development and application of tools aimed at integrating biodiversity into financial and business decisions so as to ensure, through the conservation and restoration of biodiversity carried out during the project, no net loss of biodiversity and/or enhanced income delivering ecosystem services.
- Addressing Invasive Alien Species by testing and implementing the following three steps on an appropriate spatial scale within a comprehensive framework:
- preventing the introduction of invasive alien species, in particular by tackling the priority pathways of their introduction,
- establishing an early detection and rapid eradication system,
- eradicating, controlling or containing established invasive alien species.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
The Organisation is either:
- the State, or a regional or local authority,
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
- a body governed by public law, or an association formed by one or more of such authorities or bodies governed by public law, or an entity registered as private law body wishing to be considered for the purpose of this call as equivalent to “public body”; it fulfils all four following criteria and will prove it by providing evidence upon first request:
- it is established for the specific purpose of meeting needs in the general interest, not having an industrial or commercial character, and
- it has a legal personality and
- it is financed, for most part, by the State, or regional or local authorities, or other bodies governed by public law; or subject to management supervision by those bodies; or having an administrative, managerial or supervisory board, more than half of whose members are appointed by the State, regional or local authorities or by other bodies governed by public law, and
- in the event the organisation stops its activities, its rights and obligations, liability and debts will be transferred to a public body.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.
For more information, please visit link.