Deadline: 8 September 2019
The U.S. Embassy in Yerevan of the U.S. Department of State has announced an open competition for organizations to submit applications to carry out a project to improve the Armenian government’s capacity to manage the regulated collection of wild plants.
The U.S. Embassy in Yerevan is pleased to support Armenia’s efforts to promote biodiversity, protect endangered wildlife, and counter the illegal trade of flora and fauna. This program aims to enlist a qualified partner with relevant expertise to help the Armenian government make meaningful progress toward such objectives.
Under this program, a qualified partner will organize a workshop or training to bring together conservation experts with Armenian government officials to discuss how to improve the regulated collection of wild plants in Armenia. Participants will share ideas and plan next steps to undertake activities that may include, but are not limited to, mapping the distribution and abundance of wild plants, updating the conservation status of endemic plants, regulating collection within protected areas, and improving relevant legislation.
All projects should explain how the proposed activities support the Armenian government’s ability to act as an effective regulator on environmental matters. Project proposals should describe specific objectives and how project activities will lead to concrete, measurable outcomes. Collaborative projects between partnering NGOs are strongly encouraged.
- Length of performance period: Up to 6 months
- Award amounts: awards may range from a minimum of $1,000 to a maximum of $4,000
- Total available funding: $4,000
- Anticipated program start date: February 1, 2020
- The following entities, both foreign and U.S., are eligible to apply:
- Not-for-profit organizations, including think tanks and civil society/non-governmental organizations
- Public and private educational institutions
- Public international organizations
- Cost Sharing or Matching
- Cost sharing is encouraged but not required. Matching is not required.
How to Apply
All application materials must be submitted at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://www.usa.am/cms/announcements.php