Deadline: 1 September 2019
The Jean Sainsbury Animal Welfare Trust is seeking applications for its grant program.
The objectives of the Trust are to donate to UK registered charities whose purposes encompass one or more of the following:
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- to benefit or protect animals
- to relieve animals from suffering
- to conserve wild life
- to encourage the understanding of animals
- The Trust favours applications from smaller animal welfare charities registered in the UK and working in the UK or abroad:
- Which have independently examined up to date annual accounts.
- Which demonstrate an active re-homing and rehabilitation policy for animals taken into their care.
- Involved with conservation of wildlife, when the rescue, rehabilitation and (where possible) the release of animals is their main aim.
- The Trust expects all applicants to be charities registered with the Charity Commission unless their annual income is under £5,000.
- The Trust will not support:
- Applications from individuals.
- Charities registered outside the UK.
- Charities offering sanctuary to animals, with no effort to re-home, foster or rehabilitate unless endangered species.
- Charities that bring animals from overseas to the UK will not receive support unless they are also supporting ongoing/doing work in the country of origin (such as vet work and/or helping local shelters).
- Charities that do not have a realistic destruction policy for animals that cannot be given a reasonable quality of life.
- Charities with cash and/or investments valued at more than one year’s expenditure will not qualify for a donation, unless it can be demonstrated that reserves are being held specifically for a project.
- Charities that spend more than a reasonable proportion of their annual income on administration or cannot justify their costs per animal helped.
- They would not normally support an application from overseas charities for funds for capital expenditure.
- Veterinary Schools, unless the money can be seen to be directly benefiting the type of animals the Trust would want to support e.g. welfare-related or low-cost first opinion vet treatment projects.
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applications must be submitted by post at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: United Kingdom
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://www.jeansainsburyanimalwelfare.org.uk/