Deadline: 6 March 2018
UNDP-GEF Project assisted MoEF in implementing the IWT Project. In order to assist DG of Environmental and Forestry Law Enforcement with implementation of the project, a qualified and highly experienced NGO will be engaged to provide technical assistance with key aspects of the three project components. The expected output of this NGO will be used as a benchmark to progress with the overall key project output.
Components and Expected outputs
- Component 1: Institutional capacity for implementation and enforcement at the national and international levels
- Trainings on handling of rescued wildlife are conducted, by targeting BKSDA and local CSOs in Surabaya and North Sumatra
- Innovative education and awareness plan for combating wildlife trade targeting early age school students are established and implemented
- Storybook on animal warrior series are developed and distributed to targeted schools
- Component 2: Scaling-up improved enforcement strategy at key trade ports and ecosystems
- Four relocation of priority rescued species are planned and implemented in Animal Rescue Centre (PPS) of Surabaya and Jakarta
- K-9 detection system for illegal wildlife trade is introduced and piloted in Tanjung Perak Seaport
Duration of the Work
The assignment will cover for maximum 13 months of work, from April 2018 to April 2019 to allow for proper evaluation of the output and to allow administration-related matter to be settled in timely manner.
Location of Work
The selected organization will work at national level a, mainly in Jakarta in coordination with the focal point of the project, namely Director of Forest Protection and Surveillance, Directorate Geateneral of Environmental and Forestry Law Enforcement, Ministry of Environment and Forestry and their technical implementation unit and project sites (UPT) at, as well as with UNDP Environment Unit They shall responsible for their own logistic arrangements for necessary field work.
- At least 5 years or more of work experience in the area of biodiversity conservation, protected area management, community development and human-wildlife conflict management. The proposal shall include structure of Team Leader and members and their background and areas of expertise.
- Three years experiences in providing policy and strategy advisory services to national government.
- At least 5 years experiences working with the Government of Indonesia at national park and/or protected areas, with strong understanding of Indonesian key policies related to biodiversity conservation and management effectiveness of protected areas would be an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants are expected to submit proposals both via email and in hard copy at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Indonesia
For more information, please visit UNDP/Indonesia.