Deadline: 16 August 2019
Application has been announced for Access Bank ART X Prize inviting Visual artists in Nigeria to bolster the efforts of emerging artists who have demonstrated a commitment to careers as professional visual artists. It believes that supporting such talent will ensure the continued growth of the Visual art sector in Nigeria.
The winner must be available to work on their project from 1 July – 4 November 2019. The precise times will be communicated to the finalists.
In the absence of infrastructure that exists in other international centres for contemporary art, the Access Bank ART X Prize was launched to contribute to the burgeoning contemporary art sector in Nigeria.
ART X Lagos is West Africa’s premier international art fair, designed to showcase the best and most innovative contemporary art from the African continent and its Diaspora.
- N 1,500,000 towards a project in progress;
- Solo presentation of the project at ART X Lagos;
- Mentoring and networking support to realize, promote, and contextualize the project;
- A three month residency at Gasworks in London in 2020.
- Applicant must be a practicing visual artist for 3 years or more;
- Applicant should not currently enrolled as a student;
- Applicant must be Nigerian / African citizen, living and working in Nigeria.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information Please visit https://artxlagos.com/prize/