Deadline: 30 April 2019
Mobility First! supports a wide variety of activity types (workshop/training, conference/forum, festival/biennale, residencies, partnership meetings, research trips, short-term exploration/networking) with particular focus on these areas:
- Skills transfer / knowledge exchange
- Innovation in arts & culture
- Local development
- Art and social issues: the role of art & artists in society
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Grant amounts (up to these maximum caps)
- Additional funding is available for people with disabilities and special needs.
- Through this initiative, ASEF supports the mobility of artists and cultural professionals for participation in the following 7 types of activities:
- Workshops or trainings
- Conferences or forums
- Festivals, biennales, or international exhibitions
- Artists’ or writers’ residencies
- Partner meetings to set up or maintain an existing partnership
- Practice-led research
- “Go and see”/ short-term exploration/ networking
- In addition, the following focus areas will be prioritised:
- Skills transfer/ knowledge exchange
- Innovation in arts and culture
- Local development
- Art and social issues: the role of art and artists in society
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applications are welcomed from individual artists/cultural professionals and arts organisations that are eligible as per the following guidelines.
- Artists and cultural professionals from any artistic genre (such as visual arts, performing arts, film, heritage etc.) may apply. Applications focusing on contemporary artistic and cultural disciplines are encouraged.
- Applicants should be citizens of ASEM member countries3 and are seeking support for travel within the ASEM region.
- Applicants may seek travel support to participate in any of the 7 types of eligible activities listed above.
- Arts organisations
- Arts organisations may apply for up to 5 artists/cultural professionals whom they want to invite for the event they are organising
- Arts organisations that operate in any artistic or cultural genre may apply. Non-profit arts organisations will be prioritised.
- Arts organisations should be based in any of the ASEM member countries and operating in the ASEM region (nationally or bi-regionally)
- Arts organisations should be applying for travel support for individuals to participate in any of the 7 types of eligible activities listed above.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Mobility First! prioritises cultural mobility from Asia to Europe; from Europe to Asia; and, within Asia. All travel must be international. Eligible nationalities and destinations are Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) partner countries:
Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Belgium, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Croatia, China, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Korea, Lao PDR, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Malta, New Zealand, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Pakistan, Philippines, Romania, Russian Federation, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Singapore, Thailand, United Kingdom, Viet Nam.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
How to Apply
Individuals and arts organisations will have to complete the online application form via given website.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
For more information, please visit http://asef.org/projects/themes/culture/4621-mobility-first–asef-cultural-mobility-initiative-2019#4646-asef-mobility-first-travel-grant-opens-call-for-applications