Deadline: 2 August 2019
British Council in Taiwan has launched the “Connections through Culture” Grants in 2019. This program aims to develop exciting cultural collaborations between artists and arts organizations, also to support long-lasting relationships between Taiwan and the UK.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Celebrating the diverse cultural scenes in Taiwan and the UK, the program offers support, information, advice, networking opportunities and development grants to artists and arts organizations.
Artists and arts organizations can both benefit from the inspiration gained from exchanging ideas and sharing their cultural history.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The “Connections through Culture” Grants is organized by British Council in Taiwan with supports from the National Culture and Arts Foundation.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Value of each grant is set at £2,500 (or equivalent monetary value in Taiwan Dollars) per project. A limited number of small grants to enable artists or members of arts organizations to visit their counterparts in Taiwan or the UK for a limited period of time, to develop projects, exchange skills or see others’ work. Grants are offered four times each year.
- Grants are offered to artists/ organizations working in the following areas including drama, dance, visual arts, literature, film, music, architecture, design and fashion.
What is the grant for?
The grant will enable either an individual or one member of staff from arts organization to visit counterparts in Taiwan or the UK for one or more of the following reasons:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Face-to-face project development with an arts organization(s), e.g. contractual negotiations
- Seeing and evaluating the work of partner arts organization(s)
- Developing staff skills needed to realize a project through shadowing counterparts in partner arts organization(s)
Please note – applicants will need to make their own travel, visa and insurance arrangements.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
- Any individual artist or non-profit arts organization which is in the process of developing an arts project with a counterpart arts organization which may result in an exhibition, performance or public event.
- The British Council expects discussions with the partner to have moved beyond preliminary expressions of interest and the initial research stage.
- Connections through Culture is established to provide small grants to assist –
- UK arts organizations or individual artists embarking on projects with Taiwanese artspartners
- Taiwanese arts organizations or individual artists embarking on projects with UK artspartners
- Funding is provided in order to further face-to-face discussions needed to develop projects beyond initial expressions of interest.
How to Apply
Complete the online application form via the given website.
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://www.britishcouncil.org.tw/en/2019ctc?_ga=2.188053096.1312501475.1562827332-439231467.1545297981