Deadline: 11 July 2019
Applications are now open to institutional and freelance curators, art educators and art critics from all over Egypt and the Arab region who are interested in immersing themselves in the Swiss art scene, doing some deeper research about art in the heart of Europe and establishing a show with local artists in collaboration with the team of “Ausstellungsraum Klingental” and “Atelier Mondial”.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The main goal of the curator’s exchange program is to know more about the philosophy and practice of curating in other countries and contexts. We are interested in a critical view from the outside at the local Swiss art scene; for a curator to articulate his/her perception and position on the way of “doing art” in Switzerland.
The residency offers the curator from the Arab region an opportunity to realize an exhibition or event or an artistic program (in visual arts, performance, media art) at “Ausstellungsraum Klingental” in the framework of the residency.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- accommodation in one of the Atelier Mondial Studios.
- Living and travelling costs: up to CHF 12’000.- (up to 5 months).
- networking-dinner with curators from Basel in May 2019.
- The opportunity to set up an exhibition or project/event at the art space “Ausstellungsraum Klingental” in December 2020 (during the “Regionale”), with the support of local volunteers.
- Contribution to exhibition costs up to maximum CHF 5’000.- plus provision of technical equipment, invitation cards and other support for the promotion of the event.
- a motivated, active and curious host team with a lot of connections and experience in non-institutional artistic initiatives.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Open-mindedness; willingness to network and cooperate with different people from the regional art scene
- An interest in the Basel region as a context for creative work and inquiry, and in Swiss/European art in general
- Commitment to set up a show or a project/event at “Ausstellungsraum Klingental”
- willingness to re-invest the Basel network into a project in Egypt and/or in other countries in the Arab region after coming back
- fluency in written and spoken English is essential
How to Apply
- Interested applicants can apply via given website.
- To apply please submit:
- letter of motivation, ideally including some preliminary consideration of lines of inquiry that applicant would want to pursue through the residency, as well as any artists/networks applicant would specifically want to engage with.
- sketch/abstract of research/project/exhibition at “Ausstellungsraum Klingental”
- rough budget (as far as possible)
For more information, please visit https://prohelvetia.org.eg/en/2019/05/13/call-for-applications-curatorial-residency-in-switzerland-2020/
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.