Deadline: 13 July 2019
EYES for Embracing Diversity: Multicultural Coexistence and Art (hereafter referred to as the EYES project) is a 13-day study program designed to understand the Multicultural Coexistence among Asian countries. Participants of the EYES project (hereafter referred as the EYES fellows) are mid-career leaders who facilitate multicultural diversity in their respective countries in Asia.
The EYES project 2019 will take place in the Philippines and Japan and giving the EYES fellows various opportunities to understand multicultural coexistence in both countries. The project will also hold workshops utilizing artistic methods in order to raise public awareness of diversity.
Moreover, the EYES project aims to create a network among the fellows, and provide the fellows with an understanding of multicultural diversity resulting from the world phenomena of “human mobility” in both the Philippines (e.g. aspect of labour exports) and Japan (e.g. aspect of labour imports). After completion of the EYES project, The Foundation hopes that each fellow will be able to utilize their learnings from the project to take positive actions in their own society.
- Create a rich, inclusive society within the Asian region by providing opportunities to understand multicultural diversity resulting from “human mobility” and the implementation of multicultural coexistence in Asian countries for practitioners promoting multicultural coexistence.
- Explore an alternative way of promoting multicultural coexistence through workshops facilitated by artists
- Enhancing multicultural coexistence within the Asian region through the program, by building network among participants
Outline of the Program
- Date of the program: October 9-21, 2019 (13 days)
- Venue: The EYES project will take place in the Philippines and Japan
- Participants Criteria: Indonesia, Philippines, India, Thailand, Japan, Malaysia, Myanmar, Cambodia
- Those who are working for NGOs/government agencies or artists to implement multicultural coexistence. Preferably, providing support for (e.g. foreign workers, immigrants, refugees, marriage migrants, International students).
- Those who are interested in art practices (e.g. contemporary art, dance, drama).
- Those who understand the intent of the EYES project and have the experience and competence to work with other participants.
- Those who are between the age of 25 and 40, in principle, who holds a leading position in their organization.
- Those who are competent to propose/implement a project using the EYES method OUTCOME.
- Those who have a good working knowledge of English.
- Those who can participate in both the Philippines and Japan program.
Terms and Conditions
Arrangements and Expenses covered by the Japan Foundation;
- Transportation costs (Return economy class airfare, domestic travel costs, travel cost in both Philippines and Japan.
- Meals and accommodation during the program.
- Overseas travel accident insurance.
How to Apply
The application documents should be submitted at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://www.jfindia.org.in/events/event/call-for-application-2019eyes-for-embracing-diversity/