Deadline: 29 May 2019
British Council has announced for its Fluxus Arts Project : A Franco-British fund for Contemporary Arts to support emerging visual artists and curators at a key moment in their international career, funding artist exhibitions and curatorial visits on both sides of the Channel.
The scheme is managed in a three-way partnership between the British Council France, the Institut français and the French Ministry of Culture.
Fluxus also has a growing programme for patrons, who contribute almost a third of the overall funds through individual tax-deductible donations, and are based in France and in the UK.
Through Fluxus Art Projects, They are able to support around 12 exhibitions a year in France of work by UK artists, most of whom are showing their work in a French institution or arts space for the first time. Applications are made by the host institution (not the artist) and an open call for proposals is made in November and May every year.
Every year around £100,000 is awarded to successful projects selected by a committee of arts experts from both countries.
- Fluxus Art Projects gives priority to non-profit organisations and bilateral exchanges. Only the French and British organisations falling within the following categories may submit a project:
- Art centres, museums, cultural institutions, artist-run spaces, project spaces
- Art education organisations
- Research centres and studios
- Support granted by Fluxus Art Projects covers a wide spectrum of activities and may involve the following types of projects:
- Residencies of artists and curators
- Academic programmes or workshops
- Fluxus does not finance individual projects.Applications must be submitted by production organisations or event organisers and not by the artists themselves.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.britishcouncil.fr/en/programmes/arts/fluxus?_ga=2.2455792.1796607446.1557809041-2090335278.1553670461