Deadline: 19 September 2018
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
These proposals are geared to support the production of more independently creative audio visual artistic content. Furthermore the intention is to also support these initiatives to become more independent, self-sufficient and to reach larger audiences.
This open call is directed to initiatives who are currently based in the following Southern African countries: Malawi, Zambia and Zimbabwe. Besides artistic imagination, the production of independent and conscious work that challenges or questions norms in society will be an important factor in the awarding of grants.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The requested amount should be between 7.500 and 15.000EUR over a three (3) to six (6) month period.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Entities that are or are representing communities of makers and content creators in the audio-visual sector such as: creative spaces, groups of artists, music studios, hubs, cafés, art spaces, art galleries, independent production houses, networks of artists and producers, online platforms, collectives, co-working spaces focusing on the creative industry.
- Entities should be working with content producers that are working in one or more of the following audio-visual sectors:
- Graphic Design
- Fashion Design
- Comics / Cartoons
- Poetry / Slam poetry / Spoken word
- Rap / Hip hop
- Radio shows/ Radio Series/ Pod-casts
- TV show / TV series/ Online channels
- Short film / video
- Feature film / Documentary
- Visual Art (Painting, Drawing, Printmaking, Digital Art)
- Sculpture (objects)
- Mixed media installations
- Performance Virtual reality
- Other (specify)
- Entities should make use of digital means (online platforms) to strategically distribute their content to their audiences. (eg through online channels as youtube, spotify etc.)
- Entities should produce content/work that aims to show alternative viewpoints on big issues affecting society that challenges or question certain norms in society. This content/work should enhance public debate through enabling alternative viewpoints to mainstream societal narratives. This type of work is often called socially engaged work or conscious work.
- The applying entity must ensure they are registered in their country of origin either as a non-profit or for-profit entity in terms of the law, have a bank account in their own name with at least two signatories and have a tax clearance certificate. Proof of this registration must be provided.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Applications are accepted in English.
- Applicants must ensure that their concept notes are in word or pdf format and are clearly marked with the title ‘Call for Proposals: Creative Audio-Visual Online Expression in 21st Century Southern Africa.
- All applications must be submitted at the address given on the website.
Eligible countries: Malawi, Zambia, Zimbabwe
For more information, please visit Call for Proposals.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.