Deadline: 30 September 2018
The NICE Award 2019 is currently inviting individuals, teams and organisations from the cultural and creative sectors to propose surprising and experimental solutions for shaping an international society to improve our world.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Under the leadership of the european centre for creative economy (ecce) the Award for Innovations in Culture and Creativity in Europe (NICE) was initiated in 2013 at the UNESCO World Heritage Zeche Zollverein in Essen in collaboration with 15 cities, universities and institutions from 10 nations. It aims to promote innovations from the cultural and creative industries, especially those that spill over into the wider economy and society. It is financed by the Ministry of Economic Affairs, Innovation, Digitalization and Energy of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Innovations in international solutions driven by cultural and creative sectors can be innovative cooperations or projects, products, business models or even market creating structures. A special focus is given to innovations from the cultural and creative industries involving big data, open government, transparent governance and the well-being of local, regional and national stakeholders.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- The winner of the NICE Award can get up to 20.000 Euros. The jury decides about the distribution of the award money on February 12 2019.
- All nominated participants get the chance to present their project on several occasions such as a Pitching events with the NICE members across Europe or Businesses across the State of North-Rhine Westphalia, the NICE Dinner & Ceremony and the NICE online presentation.
- ecce invites selected NICE nominees to a follow-up residency and collaborations in 2019 or 2020.
- Individuals or entrepreneurs from the cultural and creative sectors, such as designers, architects, filmmakers, performing artists, game and app developers as well as visual artists and video artists
- Organisations such as profit and non-profit companies and public institutions or agencies, non-profit foundations or initiatives as well as research institutions from within the cultural and creative sectors
- Collaborative teams and networks, including those without a legal entity
- Former applicants may apply for the NICE Award as long as they submit a project which has not already been subject to an earlier application for the NICE Award.
- Applicants must be based in one of the 28 member states of the European Union (EU 28), the candidate or potential candidate states to the European Union as of 2018 being Albania, Montenegro, Serbia, The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Turkey as well as Bosnia and Herzegovina and Kosovo.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Single projects that have been started or implemented between 01.01.2015 and by 31.07.2018.
- Governmental and citizen-based policies or actions which have been started or implemented between 01.01.2015 and by 31.07.2018.
- The projects must be carried out within the EU28 nations.
- In order to take part, applicants must add a short promotional film (3 minutes max.) to the application giving an insight into the project and/or idea. This can be an existing (if necessary re-edited) or a newly produced film.
How to Apply
The application online form has to be filled in English via given website.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit NICE Award 2019.