Deadline: 15 July 2020
PAS awards a limited number of grants to individuals, non-governmental organizations, academic institutions, and other civil society entities that further the Embassy’s policy goals and strengthen relations between the American and Nigerian peoples. PAS will prioritize grant program proposals that:
- Promote Nigeria’s democratic governance, unity and stability by improving government transparency and accountability, the rule of law, a free and professional media, as well as civil society capacity and engagement;
- Strengthen human capital to promote inclusive economic growth and development via entrepreneurship, STEM education, women’s empowerment, youth engagement, and cultural exchange;
- Protect against security threats and foster peace and stability through measures to counter violent extremism, reduce human trafficking and illegal immigration, mitigate rural violence, and encourage peaceful dialogue and non-violent conflict resolution;
- Improve and expand English language learning through curriculum development and teacher training, in partnership with U.S. education institutions where possible.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Floor of Individual and/or Organizational Award Amounts: $5,000
- Ceiling of Individual and/or Organizational Award Amounts: $50,000
Activities that are not funded include, but are not limited to:
- Social welfare projects;
- Tuition assistance;
- Individual travel to conferences;
- Construction projects;
- Completion activities for projects begun with other funds;
- Projects that are inherently political in nature or that convey partisan support to individual or single party electoral campaigns; and
- Political party activities.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- PAS encourages applications from individuals or organizations located in Nigeria, the United States, or abroad including:
- Not-for-profit and civil society/non-governmental organizations with at least two years of programming experience and with evidence of required registrations;
- Individuals with two years of not-for-profit, project management, or education experience; and
- Registered educational institutions.
PAS will not consider individual or organizational proposals that do not meet the aforementioned mandatory requirements. Additionally, applicants are permitted to submit only one proposal per cycle.
For more information, visit https://ng.usembassy.gov/education-culture/public-diplomacy-grants/
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.