Deadline: 1 August 2018
The U.S. Embassy New Zealand Public Affairs Section (PAS) of the U.S. Department of State is seeking Statement of Interest (SOI) for its Public Diplomacy Grants Program that strengthen security and military cooperation and coordination, promote the mutual benefits of bilateral trade and investment, and deepen the relationships with Pacific communities, in New Zealand, Niue and the Cook Islands, based on our shared values and heritage.
All programs must include an American cultural element, or connection with American expert/s, organization/s, or institution/s in a specific field that will promote increased understanding of U.S. policy and perspectives.
Priority Program Areas
- U.S. – NEW ZEALAND (INCLUDING NIUE AND THE COOK ISLANDS) BILATERAL RELATIONSHIP
- Programs that seek to explain U.S. policies, culture, and values to New Zealand, Niuean or Cook Island audiences, resulting in a positive impact on the bilateral relationship.
- REGIONAL SECURITY
- Programs that address issues of regional security, cybersecurity, non-proliferation, and countering violent extremism, as well as exchanges that promote multilateral cooperation and enhance stability in the Asia-Pacific region.
- ECONOMIC GROWTH
- Programs related to promoting trade, investment, economic integration and responsible commercial development in the region.
- PACIFIC ISSUES
- Programs related to addressing challenges specific to the Pacific/Oceanic region, such as maritime and polar affairs, infrastructure, educational development, health and wellness, and technology.
- Total available funding: $350,000.
- Award amounts: Awards may range from a minimum of $500.00 to a maximum of $100,000.00.
- The Public Affairs Section encourages applications from U.S., New Zealand, Niue, and the Cook Islands:
- For-profit or commercial entities are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants should send their project and budget Statement of Interest (SOI) via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit U.S. Embassy New Zealand.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.