Deadline: 2 August 2019
The U.S. Embassy to Zambia invites proposals for projects that strengthen cultural ties between the United States and Zambia through cultural and exchange programming that highlights shared values and promotes bilateral cooperation. The U.S. Embassy is expecting a dance group called Step Afrika! to visit Zambia for one week between September and October 2019. Step Afrika! will conduct workshops and performances with youth audiences and contribute towards an ongoing AIDS-free 2020 campaign.
- Logistical coordination for visiting dance group, including accommodation in Lusaka and Central Province.
- Coordination of artistic and cultural workshops, masterclass sessions, joint and performances at locations within Lusaka and Central Province.
- Coordination of public performances in Lusaka and Central Province.
The U.S. Embassy’s cultural exchange programs often also have a focus on issues of interest to youth leaders and other audiences. This year program content will focus on:
- Promote access to HIV services, including testing and treatment.
- Increased voice of youth and women in political, economic, and other spheres.
- Promoting political awareness and participation among the public and/or youth.
- Promoting civic education and youth participation in civics, democratic processes, volunteerism, and community service.
- Length of performance period: Three to 12 months
- Award amounts: awards may range from a minimum of $2,000 to a maximum of $20,000
Participants and Audiences
- Youth aged 16-35;
- College and university students
- Above categories with focus on women.
- The Public Affairs Section encourages applications from Zambian:
- Registered not-for-profit organizations, including think tanks and civil society/nongovernmental organizations with programming experience
- Non-profit educational institutions
- For-profit or commercial entities are not eligible to apply.
Cost Sharing or Matching
Cost sharing is not required.
How to Apply
All application materials must be submitted by email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=317994