Deadline: 1 September 2017
Subject to availability of funds, the Embassy will award small grants as described below to Ukrainian and U.S.-based non-governmental, not-for-profit organizations and individuals. The program seeks to highlight and celebrate the connections between the United States and Ukraine, strengthen bilateral relations, and increase mutual understanding between the people of the United States and Ukraine through programs in culture, arts, and education.
As the United States and Ukraine prepare to celebrate 25 years of bilateral relations in 2017, the U.S. Embassy plans to implement a yearlong program of cultural and educational events that look back on the rich history of connections between the people of our two countries, celebrates today’s joint successes, and calls on people in both countries to imagine how we will work together to develop, strengthen, and expand the U.S.-Ukraine relationship over the next 25 years.
The eligible project themes include the following:
- Projects in the performing and visual arts, including but not limited to music, dance, theater, literature, film, photography, and video.
- Projects for gallery-style exhibitions of painting, sculpture, photography, artifacts, cartoons, or other similar work.
- Translation of books by American authors into Ukrainian for distribution in hard copy and as e-books.
- Lectures and roundtables by U.S. experts in music, dance, theater, literature, poetry, film, and video.
- Lectures and roundtables by U.S. experts in diplomatic history, politics, economics, democratic and economic development, good governance, entrepreneurship, and innovation
- Lectures and roundtables by U.S. experts in human rights, including issues such as trafficking in persons, integration of displaced populations, and providing services to these persons
Subject to availability of funds, individuals may apply for grants up to $8,000. Organizations may apply for up to $25, 000.
Ukrainian and U.S. individuals and registered non-profit, non-governmental organizations are eligible to apply.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications via email.
Eligible Country: United States and Ukraine
For more information, please visit Grants.gov.