Deadline: 23 March 2020
Applications are now open for 2020 World Habitat Awards to recognise and highlight innovative, outstanding and sometimes revolutionary housing ideas, projects and programmes from across the world.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Through peer exchanges and networks, it bring people and ideas together – from major global institutions and national governments to grass-roots organisations and local communities.
Entries to the Awards are encouraged from housing projects and programmes that:
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Demonstrate practical, innovative and sustainable solutions to current housing challenges;
- Can be transferred or adapted in other countries across the world;
- Are already being implemented or are completed i.e. not at design stage or in the very early stages of development; and
- View the term habitat from a broad perspective and bring a range of other benefits. they particularly encourage entries from projects and programmes that are addressing the climate emergency. Other benefits of interest to include: income generation; social inclusion; community and individual empowerment; health benefits; capacity building and or education.
- As well as international recognition, a prize of £10,000 is made to each of the two Gold Award winning projects;
- Trophies are also presented to the Gold Award winning projects and travel and accommodation costs are met for one representative of each project to attend the awards ceremony.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- The Awards are open to all individuals, organisations or governments who have addressed housing challenges;
- Entries are encouraged from all over the world as the World Habitat Awards are given to projects from the global North as well as the South that provide practical and innovative housing solutions;
- Whilst the housing element must be a key part of each submission, entrants are encouraged to submit projects and programmes that view the term ‘habitat’ from a broad perspective;
- Entries are encouraged that also address wider issues, for example: the climate emergency and environmental sustainability; social inclusion and income generation;
- Applicants can enter more than one project or programme in the same year;
- Entries must detail housing projects and/or programmes that are either completed or in progress. Those that are at design stage only or in the very early stages of development will not be considered;
- In addition, projects that were completed more than 10 years ago will also not be considered.
- Previous entrants can re-submit in subsequent years providing that the project has developed significantly in the intervening time period.
- Applicants can enter projects that were developed and/or implemented by another individual or organisation. However, their entry must include a letter of permission from the original designer/implementer agreeing to its entry and for its publication in the event of it winning an Award.
For more information, visit https://www.world-habitat.org/world-habitat-awards/how-to-enter/