Deadline: 28 February 2017
The National Book Foundation is currently seeking applications for its “Innovations in Reading Prize” to an individual or organization that has developed an innovative project which creates and sustains a lifelong love of reading in the community they serve.
- There are four honorable mentions, and one winner of a $10,000 prize.
- Announcements via the press, social media, our newsletter, and on our website
- All U.S. citizens and American institutions are eligible for this prize. Previous winners can apply for new initiatives.
- Examples include:
- After-school and community-based programs
- Non-profits such as museums and libraries
- Startups focused on reading and literature
- Note: This is a prize, not a grant. The goal of the prize is to reward existing programs with evidence of success and encourage those programs to continue.
How to Apply
- Applicants will need:
- Contact information and organizational details
- Two reference letters from individuals familiar with the work of the applicant (if you are nominating an organization or individual, you can write one of the reference letters)
- Several short narratives, including a description of the work, its impact, and how the prize money would be used.
- Applications must be submitted online via given website.
Eligible Country: United States
For more information, please visit Innovations in Reading Prize 2017.