Deadline: 14 May 2017
Do you run a sustainable social venture, or have an innovative idea that can improve the world around you? If yes, then apply for the DBS-NUS Social Venture Challenge Asia.
The DBS Foundation together with National University of Singapore (NUS) Enterprise, is currently inviting applicants for its DBS-NUS Social Venture Challenge Asia 2017 with an aim to identify passionate aspiring and early stage entrepreneurs, who have innovative business solutions to solve social issues and create positive and sustainable social impact in Asia.
- Idea Category for those who are still validating their idea, trying to build a minimum viable product, or have conducted trials with a small group of customers, but have yet to generate consistent revenue.
- Enterprise Category for those who are already consistently generating revenues or expanding to new regions to grow its size and impact.
In addition, up to 2 teams from the IDEA category and up to 6 teams from the ENTERPRISE category would be awarded with prize money, in total worth over SGD150,000.
- There is no limit on age, nationality or number of members in a team.
- Participants are welcome to participate whether they just have an idea, or have already started a venture, as long as it is innovative and able to generate positive and sustainable social impact in Asia.
- Participating or proposed ventures should be independent entities, meaning that they should not be a subsidiary of an existing corporation or have legal ties to a government body.
- Participating or proposed ventures should not have received funding (combining all grants, prize money and equity) in excess of USD500,000 (with the exception of medical device start-ups) at the time of application.
- Existing non-profits can participate, however they should propose a new venturing idea or a new plan to transform their existing non-profit operation into a financially sustainable business.
- Proposed ventures should demonstrate innovativeness in their business solutions as well as positive, sustainable and scalable social impact in Asia (though not exclusively).
- Submissions should be the original work of the team – teams are expected to demonstrate the originality of their ideas whenever possible, or evidence of innovation.
- Teams that qualify for the Finals are required to send at least one core member to attend the Finale Week in Singapore from 2 to 4 October 2017. Financial assistance will be provided for one representative per team for teams residing outside of Singapore.
- The organisers of the Challenge reserve to right to disqualify any teams that are found to have violated the spirit of the competition guidelines.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit Social Venture Challenge Asia.