Deadline: 19 August 2018
Applicants are invited to apply for the Pan-African Awards for Entrepreneurship in Education; an annual competition run with the generous support of The Saville Foundation.
For over 10 years, the Pan-African Awards have recognised the work of organisations teaching young people about entrepreneurship or using innovative business strategies to fund education in Africa.
The Pan-African Awards are open to organisations across all sectors working to improve education through enterprise. The Awards supports winning organisations to grow their impact through unrestricted funding and promoting new models for change to more communities.
All winning organisations will also receive a fully-funded spot for a delegate to attend annual Education That Pays conference. This year, the conference will be taking place in October in Nairobi, Kenya.
The conference is a unique opportunity to connect with teachers, NGOs, policy-makers, entrepreneurs and leaders from across the international Entrepreneurship in Education field.
- The competition is open to all organizations with a focus on education located in one of the 55 African countries for which awards are available (mentioned below).
- Entries can be submitted on behalf on another organization – e.g. by non-African NGOs on behalf of their local partner / office – however prize monies and conference travel bursaries must be claimed by and used for the benefit of, the Africa-based organization itself. All entries must be accompanied by work contact details of a suitable referee who is able to confirm that the contents of the entry are a true and accurate representation of the entrant’s work
- Referees must be i) independent of their organisation and ii) either a government official, qualified professional, or senior employee of an internationally recognized institution.
- Qualified professionals for the purpose of this competition include: teachers (employed by a different institution), doctors, lawyers, judges, accountants, bankers, engineers, and police officers.
- Referees cannot include family members of the entrant.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must apply online via given website.
Eligible Countries: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo (Democratic Republic of the), Congo Brazzaville (also known as Republic of the Congo), Côte d’Ivoire (commonly known as Ivory Coast), Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
For more information, please visit Pan-African Awards.