Deadline: 30 April 2019
Applicants are invited to apply for Collaborative Awards in Science to promote the development of new ideas and speed the pace of discovery.
The scheme fund teams of researchers, consisting of independent research groups, to work together on the most important scientific problems that can only be solved through collaborative efforts.
- research expenses directly related to applicants proposal
- materials and consumables
- access charges
- research management and support costs
- travel and subsistence
- overseas allowances
- fieldwork expenses
- inflation allowance
- publication costs
- clinical research costs
- other costs
A Collaborative Award can be up to £4 million and last for up to five years.
- Applicants can apply for a Collaborative Award if applicant are part of a team of researchers who want to work together on an important scientific problem that requires a collaborative approach.
- Each applicant in their team must:
- be essential to the proposed collaborative research
- bring different expertise to the research question
- have proven research experience in their field and in collaborative research
- be leading their own research groups.
- All applicants must be based at eligible organisations. Applicants can all be based in the same or in different organisations.
- The lead applicant must be based in the UK, Republic of Ireland, or a low- or middle-income country. Other applicants can be based in the same or different countries anywhere in the world.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For further information, please visit https://wellcome.ac.uk/funding/collaborative-awards-science