Deadline: 31 May 2016
The State of the Union Coalition (SOTU) is currently inviting applicants for its SOTU Journalist Competition 2016. SOTU believes that the successful implementation of these instruments will have tremendous and positive impact on the live millions of African citizens.
Winners in each of the categories will receive $500 and the overall winner will receive an additional cash prize of $500.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- The competition shall be open to all print media journalists who are citizens of AU member states and who are based in Africa and whose publications are published in AU member states (mentioned below).
- Winners will be selected from the 10 participating countries, 1 each from print and online/digital. Additionally, there will be 2 regional winners and an overall winner.
- Each journalist entering the competition shall be required to show proof that he/she is a citizen of an AU member state.
- Each entry shall be accompanied by full names of the writer, the name and contact details of his/her employer, his/ her position in the news organisation and region from where the entry is emanating:
- Should you be selected, a written confirmation on official letterhead from the media organisation employing the journalists, confirming his/ her employment in the agency and confirming the dates of publication of all the submitted entries will be required.
- On receipt, the entries will be judged by a competent panel of judges established by the SOTU coalition.
- Entries from qualified female journalists are encouraged.
- Entries must be in the 4 select African Union languages: English, French, Portuguese and Arabic.
How to Apply
Applicants must fill the Entry form via given website.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Note: Winners will be informed in June 2016.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit SOTU Journalist Competition.