Deadline: 31 March 2017
Applications are open for the Canada Day Challenge, inviting youths to draw a picture, take a photo, or write a short story, a poem or an essay. Youth can decide which category works best for them, or they can also submit entries in each of the three categories. Each entry must be submitted separately.
Entries that celebrate Canada’s culture and identity, illustrate young Canadians’ vision of the future, and reflect their exploration and participation in their community are encouraged.
- This year, winners will be awarded with three all-expenses paid grand prize trips Footnote 1 for two (for the three national winners and their parents or legal guardians) to travel to Ottawa to celebrate Canada Day 2017 and the 150th anniversary activities.
- National winners and their parents or legal guardians will be provided VIP access to exciting places, and take part in the Canada Day activities and the 150th anniversary celebrations on Parliament Hill! They will tour museums, galleries and so much more!
- Young Canadians aged 8 to 18 years old.
- Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada or legally allowed residents in the country at the time of the Challenge who fall within the age range.
- The Challenge is not open to an employee or member of the immediate family of an employee or persons living under the same roof as an employee of Canadian Heritage. Entries must comply with these official rules.
How to Apply
All entries must be submitted online via given website.
Eligible Country: Canada
For more information, please visit Canada Day Challenge.