Deadline: 6 July 2017
Entries are open for the 2018 Zayed Future Energy Prize to recognise and award excellence in renewable energy and sustainability. The award celebrates achievements that reflect impact, innovation, long-term vision and leadership in renewable energy and sustainability.
The Prize fund comes from the Abu Dhabi Government as a way to honour and continue the legacy of the late founding father of the United Arab Emirates, Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan. Masdar, Abu Dhabi’s renewable energy company, manages the Zayed Future Energy Prize. A dedicated team works on the Prize all year round.
- Large Corporation
- Small and Medium Enterprise (SME)
- Non-Profit Organisation (NPO/NGO)
- Lifetime Achievement Award (For an Individual)
- Global High Schools (1 award for each of the below regions)
The total Prize fund will be US $4 million.
The Prize criteria for all categories are:
- Long-Term Vision
- The Zayed Future Energy Prize is open to all entrants other than:
- board members and employees of Masdar; and
- anyone who has been involved in organising, promoting or judging the Prize.
- Masdar, the selection committee and the judges reserve the right and have full discretion to reject or not select any nomination or submission for any reason that may, in the sole opinion of the select committee, the judges or Masdar, damage the reputation of the Prize, the UAE, Abu Dhabi or Masdar or bring the Prize, the UAE, Abu Dhabi or Masdar into disrepute.
- The decision of the selection committee, the judges or Masdar shall be final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit Zayed Future Energy Prize.