Deadline: 31 October 2016
Are you an NGO from the Western Balkans or Turkey? Are you running a successful project to help Roma children, youth and/or young adults? Do you want to win a study trip to Brussels and 10,000 or 5,000 euro on top of that? If yes, participate in the Second Roma Integration Award for the Western Balkans and Turkey!
The European Commission is seeking NGOs for its Second Roma Integration Award to provide policy support and technical assistance to Roma integration in the Western Balkans and Turkey.
With the Roma Integration Award, the European Commission wishes to honour the commitment of NGOs to improve the lives of the Roma population and underline their importance in the enlargement process.
- Each winning project will win EUR 10,000 and each project placed 2nd will win EUR 5,000.
- Each winner and each participant placed 2nd will be able to send two representatives to a 3-day study trip to Brussels where the award ceremony will be held in early 2017.
- Must target the inclusion, integration and/or empowerment of Roma children or youth (below 18 years), or young adults (18-30 years).
- Must be carried out at local, regional or national level in one of these candidate countries or potential candidates: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Kosovo, Montenegro, Serbia or Turkey.
- Either (1st option) finished between 31 December 2014 and the day of submission of the application and lasted for at least 6 months or (2nd option) it is ongoing for at least 6 months on the day of submission of the application.
- May not be a winning project of the Award for Integration of Roma in 2014. For the purposes of clarity, the participants who won the Award for Integration of Roma in 2014 may participate with another project.
- Must be described in English in computer-written text (hence no hand-written text) in your application that is composed of the filled out Application Form and the filled out, dated and signed Declaration of Honour.
- Legal entity established in one of the following candidate countries or potential candidates: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Kosovo, Montenegro, Serbia or Turkey.
- Non-governmental organisations (NGO) in accordance with the following definition:
- An NGO is a non-profit membership-based, cause-based or service-oriented organisation that pursues non-violently a legitimate common goal leading to an improvement, such as promotion of human rights, environmental protection, consumer protection, education and culture, charitable activities etc.
- For the purposes of clarity, government organisations, organisations defending business interests, political parties and partisan organisations, religious and faith-based organisations, trade unions and business associations are not considered NGOs.
- Carrying out activities supporting Roma inclusion, integration and/or empowerment, such as their equal access to political, social and other human rights, education, employment, health, housing, culture, striving for gender equality or countering anti-Gypsyism for at least 2 years on 31 August 2016.
- Participant only may submit one application and each application is only submitted by one participant and contains one project.
- As required by the EU’s financial rules, participants may not be in any of the situations of exclusion from EU funding, as they confirm by signing and submitting the Declaration of Honour.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit Second Roma Integration Award.