Deadline: 15 October 2019
Hispanic Heritage Foundation has launched its Youth Awards to honor Latino high school seniors who excel in the classroom and community and for their excellence in various categories.
Gold, Silver and Bronze recipients are selected in each category and receive a one-time grant to fund their college education or to fund a community service effort that tackles a social issue. Students are then positioned as role models in their community at local ceremonies with an audience of business leaders, elected officials, local organizations and our sponsors.
Once selected, recipients will be celebrated at 10 regional ceremonies across the country including: Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Northern CA, Phoenix, Puerto Rico, and Washington, D.C., and will become part of our broader HHF network of 100,000+ professionals and fulfill our unique cycle of leadership where we meet America’s priorities in the classroom and workforce.
The Youth Awards program is the main pipeline to Hispanic Heritage Foundation’s (HHF) system of talent that prepares and positions Latino youth through the award-winning Latinos On Fast Track (LOFT) program as they transition from high school, to college, to graduate school, and into their careers.
- Business & Entrepreneurship,
- Community Service,
- Healthcare & Science,
- Media & Entertainment, and
- Technology & Engineering.
- Be currently enrolled in high school and graduating in the spring of 2020);
- Must have a minimum unweighted 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale or 7.5 on a 10.0 scale;
- Must enroll at an accredited higher education institution in 2020-2021;
- Be of Hispanic heritage (includes Spain, Brazil, Philippines);
- If selected, attendance to regional awards ceremony is mandatory and travel is at the recipient’s expense;
- Be a U.S. permanent resident, U.S. citizen, or qualify under the DACA.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For further information, please visit Hispanic Heritage Foundation.