Deadline: 1 July 2016
The Indigo Young Scientist Competition is inviting young researchers from India and Europe in order to provide them a podium to promote their research projects and ideas for cooperation (between India and Europe).
The competition is open for all India and EU based PhD students and early career researchers, who work on the field of bio-economy, biotechnology and bio-based energy.
- The winner of the young scientist competition will be awarded a conference trip to an EU member State (for Indian applicants) or India (for European applicants). The following expenses will be covered up to 2000 euro:
- Conference registration fee of a conference of the choice of the winner.
- Travel costs: round trip flight in economy class to attend the selected conference. The costs of the travel (bus, tram, train) between the conference venue /accommodation/airport.
- Accommodation: Accommodation during the conference. Additional costs for example minibar, telephone charges will not be covered.
- The competition is open for applicants from all scientific disciplines whose research is related to bio-economy, biotechnology, or bio-based energy.
- The applicant should satisfy the following criteria:
- The applicant should be affiliated to an organisation (company, research centre, university, non-profit organisation or NGO) located in one of the EU member states or in an associated country to FP7 or in India
- The applicant should be enrolled in a PhD programme or be an early-career researcher (maximum 3 years after gaining a PhD).
- One person is counted as one applicant. Groups are not eligible to participate.
- Entrants of the young scientist competition 2014 and 2015 are not eligible to participate.
- Applicant must be willing to submit a video introducing a research/cooperation project
- Applicant must be willing to participate in the EU-India STI cooperation days 2016 in Goa, India.
- No entry fee; no purchase necessary to enter the competition.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply online via given website.
Note: The winner of the competition will be awarded at the concluding session of the EU-India STI Days 2016 held on the 22nd of September.
Eligible Countries: Albania, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Montenegro, Moldova, Norway, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom.
For more information, please visit Young Scientist Competition.