Deadline: 16 April 2020
The Malta Social Impact Awards, is an initiative, organised by The Gasan Foundation and Inspirasia Foundation. This initiative aims to bring the private sector and innovative changemakers together to offer opportunities for financial and non-financial support to develop and see to fruition initiatives that will have a positive social impact on Malta.
The Malta Social Impact Awards (MSIA) offers opportunities to changemakers. It enables participants to submit proposals for an initiative with a positive social impact that will benefit Malta. Finalists will be chosen to pitch their initiatives in front of philanthropists, individuals, companies and a panel of judges for the chance of being awarded financial and nonfinancial support.
MSIA is intended to support initiatives of a philanthropic, educational, social or civic nature or in support of other deserving causes in Malta. It offers to provide opportunities for financial and non-financial support to develop and materialise an initiative which will have positive social impact on Malta.
MSIA aims to create more opportunities, build a platform and network of people wanting to make a change and encourage changemakers to solve wicked problems and social issues, create system-change models and effective endeavours that can really solve problems in Malta and have a positive impact on the country and everyone.
- Requested funding must not exceed €50,000.
- MSIA will only support up to 70% of the full budget and the applicants need to prove that they will secure any extra funding required, in-kind support might also be considered for the remaining 30%.
The fund supports initiatives that will have a positive social impact on Malta. All organisations must ensure that:
- Its objectives, as outlined in its statute or constitutive documents, are consistent with the objectives of the proposal submitted;
- The proposed initiatives must not result in any profits that will benefit an individual or company;
- In the absence of a lawful social enterprise framework in Malta, MSIA will consider Limited Liability companies that have clear Social Purpose declared in their M&As and a commitment to reinvest all profits derived from the winning MSIA initiative back into their social purpose activities;
- The beneficiaries of the proposed initiative are philanthropic, educational, social or civic in nature or in support of other deserving causes in Malta.
The Judges will evaluate all applications for the opportunity to win financial and non-financial support based on the below criteria:
- The initiative falls within the scope of the Malta Social Impact Awards;
- Initiatives are sustainable;
- All initiatives must have a social purpose. Social Purpose definitions (but not limited to): “social purpose” is a purpose which benefits the community and which includes:
- the advancement of education, including physical education and sports;
- the advancement of health;
- social and community advancement, including the integration of persons who are disadvantaged or disabled;
- the advancement of culture, arts and national heritage;
- the advancement of environmental protection and improvement, including the protection of animals;
- the promotion of human rights, conflict resolution, democracy and reconciliation;
- the relief of poverty, pain and suffering, and other humanitarian needs;
- animal welfare
Each Application will be evaluated by a team based on the following criteria:
All finalists selected will be asked to participate in the Final Event in November 2020 where they will be required to pitch their initiative to the Judges, in front of a live audience. If a Finalist does not participate in the Final Event in person, they will be disqualified.
How to Apply
Applicants should provide sufficient information for the purpose of evaluation, this information includes;
- total estimated cost of the initiative,
- the amount of funding being requested and,
- the planned execution of the initiative including the relevant timeframes.
- Only authorised signatories should sign the Application Form.
Download the application form and budgeting template via given website.
For more information, visit http://siamalta.org/apply-now/