Deadline: 31 December 2016
Nominations are open for the 44th Veuve Clicquot Business Woman Award, New Generation Award and Social Purpose Award that celebrate female entrepreneurship.
Veuve Clicquot will also pay tribute to emerging female talents in the world of start-ups that recognizes the entrepreneurial spirit of women between the ages of 25 and 35. New for 2017 is the Social Purpose Award, reflecting the increasing emphasis on businesses with a social or environmental mission at their core.
- Business Woman Award: Created in 1972 as a tribute to Madame Clicquot, the annual Veuve Clicquot Business Woman Award champions the success of business women worldwide who share the same qualities as Madame Clicquot: Her enterprising spirit, her courage and the determination necessary to accomplish her aims. Highly prized and sought after, it is the first international award created specifically to recognise the contribution that women have made to business life and is now regarded as the “Oscar” for female entrepreneurs and business leaders.
- New Generation Award: New to the Veuve Clicquot Business Woman Award programme in 2013, the Veuve Clicquot New Generation Award recognises the success and vision of up-and-coming, entrepreneurial business women between the ages of 25 – 35 years old.
- Social Purpose Award: The Veuve Clicquot Purpose Award has been introduced for 2017 as a new award that celebrates women across all facets of social enterprise. Echoing the vision that Madame Clicquot embodied, the award celebrates businesswomen championing social good and purpose beyond that of the core business case
- Business Woman Award: Winner will receive a silver trophy shaped as a La Grande Dame bottle and a case of La Grande Dame 2006.
- The Veuve Clicquot Business Woman Award 2017 winner will have the opportunity of joining a global business women networking platform.
- The winner will visit the Manoir de Verzy and the House’s vineyards, where she will have a vine baptised in her name recognising her legacy and life-long relationship with Veuve Clicquot.
- New Generation Award: Winner will receive a silver trophy shaped as a La Grande Dame bottle and a case of La Grande Dame 2006.
- The Veuve Clicquot New Generation Award 2017 winner will visit the Manoir de Verzy and the House’s vineyards, where she will have a vine baptised in her name recognising her legacy and life-long relationship with Veuve Clicquot.
- Finally, the winner will also have the opportunity of joining a global business women networking platform.
- Social Purpose Award: Winner will receive a crystal La Grande Dame-shaped trophy, a case of Veuve Clicquot La Grande Dame 2006, and a VIP visit with a guest to Hôtel du Marc, Veuve Clicquot’s Private Mansion in the heart of Reims.
- She will also be given the opportunity of joining an exclusive women’s networking platform.
- Business Woman Award
- Entrepreneurship: Founder/leader of a business*, driving force behind success through pioneering approach, business acumen, dynamism, innovation, audacity, tenacity
- Financial Success: Sustained profitable business growth and healthy balance sheet with a minimum turnover of £5M
- Corporate Social Responsibility: Genuine commitment to responsible and sustainable business practices such as environmental policies, employee benefits, workforce diversity, and community schemes/relationships
- Role Model: Mentoring, succession planning, pushing boundaries, ability to motivate others, relationship building with colleagues/employees, especially for other women
- Business must be based in the United Kingdom
- New Generation Award
- Age: Between 25 – 35 years old in May 2017
- Entrepreneurship: Founder of a business that has optimised a gap in today’s market to bring an innovative offer and approach to business. The nominee must demonstrate a fearless approach.
- Innovation: Demonstrates ability to transform a creative vision or innovation into a tangible business model.
- Corporate Social Responsibility: Genuine commitment to responsible and sustainable business practices such as responsible product sourcing, community engagement and industry partnerships.
- Social Purpose Award
- Strong Leadership: The business leader will be a founder or leader of a social enterprise that trades for social and/or environmental purposes. They are seen to be the driving force behind success through pioneering approach, business acumen, dynamism, innovation, audacity, tenacity.
- A Social Mission: As with all businesses, the social enterprise competes to deliver goods and services but is distinctive because its social and/or environmental purpose is absolutely central to what it does. It has a strong mission and can demonstrate success in taking steps to achieve this.
- Business Acumen: The social enterprise is a viable trading organisation and has the financial viability and other resources needed to deliver its purposes and mission. It is not driven wholly by the need to maximise profit for shareholders and owners. Its profits are reinvested in the business or are invested in the community to sustain and further their mission for positive change.
- The business must currently be based/operating in the United Kingdom.
- If the nominee is a founder/leader of a business subsidiary they will need to provide evidence relating to that particular business across the above criteria
- All nominees need to be over 25 years on 1st January 2017
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Country: United Kingdom
For more information, please visit 2017 Veuve Clicquot Award.