Deadline: 28 August 2018
Nominations are open for UN-Habitat Scroll of Honour Award to promote socially and environmentally sustainable human settlements development and the achievement of adequate shelter for all.
The award, a plaque engraved with the name of the winner, will be presented during the Global Observance of World Habitat Day on 1 October 2018.
The UN-Habitat Scroll of Honour award was launched in 1989 and is one of the most prestigious human settlements award in the world. It aims to acknowledge initiatives which have made outstanding contributions in the field of human settlements, provision of housing, highlighting the plight of people living in poverty or who have been displaced, developing and improving human settlements and the quality of urban life to leave no one behind echoing the Sustainable Development Goals 2030 with emphasis on Goal 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities.
- Individuals, organizations, projects and any Habitat Agenda partner can be nominated for the UN-Habitat Scroll of Honour.
- These include:
- Government and inter-governmental organizations or agencies, including bilateral aid agencies
- Cities, local authorities or their associations
- Civil society organizations
- The private sector
- National Habitat Committees or focal points
- Research and academic institutions
- Public or private foundations
- Multilateral agencies (United Nations Agencies, World Bank, etc.)
- The media
Terms and Conditions
- The prize for the winning entry will be awarded to the person or organization named in the submission form, who may not necessarily be the holder of the copyright.
- All entries will be available for international exhibition, demonstration, publication and media coverage and UN-Habitat will not be required to seek further permission from the copyright holders for any such use.
- Where the submission of a project is made by someone other than the holder of the copyright, a permission in writing is required indicating that the holder of the copyright agrees (a) to the submission, and (b) to the terms indicated in points 1 and 2 above.
- Supporting material such as press clippings (PDF), videotapes (YouTube URL) and photographs (JPEG) are highly welcome
How to Apply
Nominations must be submitted online via given website.
For more information, please visit Scroll of Honour Award.