Deadline: 1 February 2017
Nominations are open for The Community Heroes Awards, an initiative of African Centre for Peace Building and Awake Africa Magazine which seeks to identify, celebrate and honor individuals and organizations who have committed themselves to promote development at the grassroots through social work, entrepreneurship and selfless leadership.
The African Centre for Peace Building (AFCOPB) is a Ghana based peace-building organization led by young and visionary people. The organization attained a full NGO status in August 2010. It has its implemented several projects including stakeholder engagements (Peace Conferences) and Africa Peace Awards in 2012 and 2015
Awake Africa is a pan-African media which seeks to promote the good image of Africa and help to expose all elements that work directly or indirectly against the development of Africa.
- Community Heroes of the Year – this is grand prize and hold the title of the year.
- Community Service – for providing selfless service in the areas of Health, Education, Social Support towards the development of the community
- Youth Empowerment – for providing dedicated services towards development of young people in the community
- Women Empowerment – for providing dedicated services towards development of women in the community
- Unknown Peace Worker – providing support and activities which helps in promoting peace and harmony
- Community Business Empowerment – providing supports and services that contributes to the growth and development of community businesses
- Children Support – provide care and support to children
- Talent Development – providing services or supports that helps in development sport, music, and discovery of talents at the grassroots
- Local Governance & Leadership – exhibit selfless leadership at the grassroots
- Media and Advocacy – for grassroots journalists and media organizations
- The winner received trophy and certificate
- The winners will be given a cash prize
- One year media coverage of the hero’s works from Awake Africa and awake TV
- One year website hosting and development from Senyo Global
- 50% on jury scores based on information provided during nomination
- 35 % endorsement from community
- 15% public online voting based on the nominee’s profile and achievements as displayed online
- The nominator cannot endorse a nominee
- The nominator must hail from or have worked in the community in question
- Nominee should be nominated based on works done in the community in question
- Nominee must be ready to answer questions concerning his/her/their nomination
- Someone can nominate him or herself
How to Apply
To nominate and individual or organization, nominator must first fill the form via given website. If the nomination is pre-approved, nominator will be notified via an email to submit three endorsement letters from three different opinion leaders or prominent persons in their community who know much about the works of their nominee in that community.
For more information, please visit Community Heroes Awards.