Deadline: 5 June 2020
The United Nations Inter-Agency Task Force on the Prevention and Control of Noncommunicable Diseases is calling for nominations for the 2020 Award to recognize achievements during 2019 on multisectoral action in the prevention and control of NCDs, mental health and the wider NCD-related Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Awards will be made in four categories:
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Ministries of health and government health agencies
- Ministries and government agencies outside health
- UN country teams
- Non-governmental organizations, academia and foundations. (Note: the nominator must complete WHO’s standard form for declaration of interests. The organization being nominated must complete the arms and tobacco disclosure statement).
- Awards for individuals will not be accepted.
WHO is looking for:
- Those being nominated should demonstrate an outstanding contribution to multisectoral action in the prevention and control of NCDs, mental health or other NCD-related SDGs at a local, national, regional or international level.
- The application should describe how the institution, agency or organization being nominated has demonstrated the ability to:
- Create new and innovative approaches and activities;
- Lead the agenda and work with partners;
- Mobilize resources, knowledge and expertise;
- Meet challenges and overcome significant obstacles;
- Act as an exemplar to others.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Anyone can submit a nomination. Nominations cannot come from an individual working in the institution that is being nominated. An agency cannot nominate itself.
For more information, visit https://www.who.int/news-room/articles-detail/call-for-nominations-to-uniatf-2020-awards
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.