Deadline: 1 March 2018
The Building and Social Housing Foundation (BSHF) is inviting applicants for its 2018/19 World Habitat Awards with an aim to identify and recognize innovative and sustainable housing solutions worldwide and to promote good habitat practices.
The World Habitat Awards are presented each year in partnership with the United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat). Historically the awards were presented on World Habitat Day, which was organised in October each year by UN-Habitat.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- With an international recognition, a prize of £10,000 is made to each of the two winning projects.
- Trophies are also presented to the winning projects and travel and accommodation costs are met for one representative of each winning project to attend the awards ceremony.
- Demonstrate practical, innovative and sustainable solutions to current housing issues faced by countries all around the world
- Can be transferred or adapted for use as appropriate
- Are already being implemented or are completed ie not at design stage or very early stages of development
- View the term habitat from a broad perspective and bring other benefits as well, such as energy or water saving, income generation, social inclusion, community and individual empowerment, health benefits, capacity building or education.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Any individual, organisation or government who has an innovative and practical solution to housing needs and problems from any country of the world.
- More than one entry can be made by the same individual or organisation.
- Entries should relate to housing projects and processes that are either completed or in progress. Those that are at design stage only or in the very early stages of development cannot be considered.
- Previous entrants can re-submit in subsequent years providing that the project has been further developed in the intervening time period.
- Projects may be submitted in English, Spanish or French.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply online via given website.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, please visit World Habaitat Awards.