Deadline: 31 January 2017
Nominations are open for 2017 International Bremen Peace Award with an aim to honour people and organizations that set an example through their work contributing to reconciliation, human rights, overcoming of racism, social justice, sustainable handling of nature and environment as well as to intercultural and interreligious understanding.
The schwelle Foundation will confer the International Bremen Peace Award for exemplary commitments to Justice, Peace and the Integrity of Creation for the eighth time.
- Award for the Unknown Peace Worker: This category aims at honouring dedicated individuals and their projects working without much public attention or recognition, with special focus on future-oriented peace work at the grassroots level; for example, striving for peace in forgotten conflicts, struggling for the rights of marginalized people, or fighting against habitat destruction.
- Award for Public Engagement: This category honours renowned public figures that persistently and courageously support Peace, Justice, and the Integrity of Creation, be it in international networks or in different areas of society, such as media, arts, sciences or politics.
- Award of the Donators for Encouraging Initiatives: In this category the award will be given to initiatives or organizations that do especially creative, exemplary or sustainable peace work.
- The winners of the International Bremen Peace Award 2017 of the schwelle Foundation will be honoured during a public ceremony at the Bremen Town Hall on November 17, 2017.
- The awards are endowed with 5,000 Euros in each category.
- Proposals for the Bremen Peace Award should be submitted by third parties or organizations. Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- Proposals should be submitted, preferably in English, German or Spanish.
Proposals must contain the following information:
- brief description of the individual/organization submitting a proposal;
- full name and address (including email) of suggested person/organization, website and name of contact person in organizations;
- reasons for the proposal (not more than 3 pages);
- information regarding previously received awards, if any.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can send their nominations at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit 2017 International Bremen Peace Award.