Deadline: 25 July 2019
The Arts Council has announced an Open Call to the artists and arts organisations of Ireland to create collaborative ground breaking projects of ambition, impact and scale that encourage discourse, provocation or response to place and identity as part of contemporary Ireland.
Open Call is a programme for artists and arts organisations to develop and shift their practice and profile work on a national scale, creating high profile arts central to people’s lives.
The objective of the programme is to support artists to create public-facing work of ambition and collaboration, and to incentivise experimentation in a range of artistic disciplines.
The Arts Council will achieve the objectives of the Open Call Award by supporting projects proposals that:
- Are led by the vision of the artist(s) or develop the ambition of the artist(s)
- Are brave in the pursuit of creative risk-taking
- Encourage collaboration between art forms and art-practice areas (i.e. cross art form or combined arts practice)
- Extend the reach and impact of a project, with a fresh and dynamic approach to public engagement; in this context, public engagement may refer to participants and/or audiences
- Demonstrate effective project partnerships, planning and project management.
Priority will be given to projects that:
- Expand new territories of arts practice (e.g. digital practice, arts and health)
- Include high-profile international dimensions and collaborators in terms of public visibility and resource-based partnerships
- Provide a commitment to research and development in their proposals.
The amount of funding should be NO lower than the award minimum of €100,000 and NOT exceed the award limit of €400,000.
- The award is open to individuals and organisations who are resident in the Republic of Ireland. (There are certain exceptions where the Arts Council may deem eligible applications made by those based outside the Republic of Ireland. However, before admitting as eligible any such application, the Arts Council would need to be satisfied that the outcomes of any such proposal would benefit the arts in the Republic of Ireland.)
- In line with the Public Sector Equality and Human Rights Duty, the Arts Council is committed to ensuring that it takes positive policy measures to promote equality of opportunity for all those living in Ireland, regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, civil or family status, religion, age, disability, race or membership of the Traveler Community. Furthermore, the Arts Council notes the ground of socio-economic background as a further basis for which equality of opportunity must be guaranteed.
- The Arts Council therefore welcomes applications that are representative of the diversity of Irish society, including but not limited to any of the characteristics outlined above.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply online via the given website.
For more information, please visit http://www.artscouncil.ie/Funds/Open-Call/