Deadline: 10 February 2020
Applications are now open for the 2020 Keeling Curve Prize (KCP) dedicated to activating and accelerating global climate solutions.
The Keeling Curve Prize 2020 will be awarded this summer to 10 outstanding projects that reduce emissions or promote uptake of greenhouse gases.
KCP’s envision a just and balanced future, which means high tech development alongside healthy natural ecosystems, thriving communities, alleviation of poverty, access to cheap and green energy, and freedom from climate-induced conflict.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The role of the KCP in its vision for the future is to ‘bend the curve,’ i.e. to restore balance to the carbon cycle. This work is essential to quality of life for current and future generations, from access to resources, including energy, to strategic global stability and conflict prevention.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
The KCP categories are:
- Capture and Utilization: Projects in this category activate and accelerate natural and/or man-made systems for carbon capture, utilization and sequestration (CCUS). They are advancing technological and nature-based strategies for capturing and/or utilizing heat-trapping gases from the air or oceans.
- Energy: Projects in this category decarbonize energy, support zero-carbon energy innovations and are leading the way in the supply, distribution, access, infrastructure, or improvements of low or zero-emissions energy systems worldwide.
- Finance: Projects that apply in this category are making the economics and/or financial mechanisms work for heat-trapping gas reduction and/or reversal ventures.
- Social and Cultural Pathways: Projects in this category are changing the way people consider, understand, and act on humanity’s impacts affecting the livability of planet Earth. They are trying to answer the question: what does it take, socially and culturally, to develop beyond fossil fuels?
- Transport & Mobility: Projects that apply in this category should be reimagining and reinventing all types of vehicles, fuels, and mobility options for both people and products. These projects will confront the carbon footprint of the vehicles themselves and the routes traveled.
The KCP does not focus on global warming adaptation, unverifiable offsets (meaning: ‘greenwashing’ without real intent for emissions reduction impact), or technologies that promote continued fossil fuel extraction.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
The prize awards $25,000 apiece to 10 projects around the world with significant potential to reduce greenhouse gas emissions or increase carbon uptake.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- The Prize welcomes entries for active projects (not ideas or untested hypotheses) from anywhere in the world. Prizes are awarded for ongoing work only (not as a reward for unimplemented ideas or past work).
- From a global pool of applicants, KCP’s Analyst Team, Advisory Council, and Judging Panel choose the highest impact projects according to their Keeling Curve Prize performance metric and fulfillment of category specifications.
- The Prize will not award prizes to the same applicant two years in a row. However, if you are not awarded, you may apply the next year and in any subsequent years.
- You may submit for multiple categories, but you will only be eligible to win in one category during any given year.
- If offered a prize, recipients are requested but not required to:
- Report on the progress of the awarded project upon request by the KCP team.
- Support the PR outreach activity for the prize.
- Allow your project’s information to be disseminated at the discretion of the Global Warming Mitigation Project (GWMP) organization.
How to Apply
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, visit https://www.kcurveprize.org/