The Sonor Foundation is seeking applications for Transcend Impact Challenge, a $1.5M fund to support trans and gender diverse communities across Canada to thrive and live prosperous lives.
The Challenge is led by the Sonor Foundation with support from partner foundations, including Chamandy Foundation, Canadian Women’s Foundation, and more.
- They encourage you to keep your request within the target range of $50k to $300k total over 2 to 3 years; however, there is not a minimum or maximum restriction to the amount you may request.
- What kinds of projects/programs are you seeking to fund?
- They are looking to fund any project/program that addresses the challenge question: How can they support trans and gender diverse communities to thrive and live prosperous lives through supportive environments, economic and financial stability and inclusion, housing, education, and health care access? Examples of projects that would be eligible for funding may include, but is not limited to:
- Offering peer support, well-being, and/or capacity building directly to trans and gender diverse individuals
- Enabling families, caregivers, educators, and other service providers to better support for trans and gender diverse individuals
- Improving access to education and/or the educational experience of trans and gender diverse individuals
- Improving workplace and economic inclusion of trans and gender diverse individuals
- Improving access to justice and legal services
- Improving access to housing, economic, and/or financial inclusion opportunities
- Supporting the settlement journey of trans and gender diverse immigrant, refugee and/or newcomers in Canada
- Raising awareness, advocacy, and/or changing the narrative of the needs and lived experience of trans and gender diverse communities
- Improving access to gender-affirming care and/or gender-affirming items
- They take into consideration the many ways that trans and gender diverse communities are affected by systemic barriers and discrimination that go beyond their gender (e.g. race, class, ability, etc.) and prioritize their support towards the most underserved and overlooked communities.
- They welcome applications from charities and nonprofits in Canada working on supporting trans and gender diverse communities to thrive. Organizations may also submit an application in partnership with another organization (e.g. in the case of fiscal sponsorship).
- Sonor Foundations is seeking to fund organizations across Canada, and where possible, will prioritize trans-led, trans-focused, and trans-serving organizations and will be applying an intersectional equity lens in their decision making.
For more information, visit Transcend Impact Challenge.