Business Sector Advocacy Challenge Fund(BUSAC): Supporting Private Sector Business Groups in Ghana

Deadline: 9 October 2017

The Business Sector Advocacy Challenge Fund (BUSAC) has announced a 1st Call for Applications under Window 5 for private sector and farmer based organizations. The Fund will consider applications on BDS modules and topics that will improve the competitiveness and growth potentials of the organization.

The Business Sector Advocacy Challenge (BUSAC) Fund is a programme set up to strengthen the advocacy capacity of private sector business groups and associations in Ghana. The Fund is accessible through a competitive demand-driven mechanism and is supported by DANIDA (Lead Development Partner), European Union and USAID. The third phase of the BUSAC Fund (BUSAC III) builds upon the experiences gained from previous phases (BUSAC I & II) and is aimed at further improving the business environment in Ghana to facilitate private sector growth.

The Private Sector has often been described as the engine of growth for most developing countries. Despite this potential, many enterprises, especially smaller ones, lack the capacity to take advantage of emerging business opportunities. Window 5 of BUSAC III is a facility reserved to strengthen the capacity of Private Sector Organizations (PSOs) and Farmer Based Organizations (FBOs) to facilitate the provision of business development services (BDS) to their members in response to improvements in the business environment following successful advocacy campaigns. The facility will finance BDS modules and topics within BUSAC Fund’s priority areas of Sustainable Agriculture, Trade, Cost of Doing Business, Green Growth and Human Rights Based Approach (HRBA).

Grant Information

Window 5 is a matching grant facility, and the maximum grant size is Fifty Thousand Ghana Cedis (GHs 50,000), constituting 80% of the total eligible cost of the BDS training and the applicant is expected to contribute the remaining 20% of the total cost.

Eligibility Criteria

To be eligible for support under Window 5, the applicant must have the following:

  • Be a Private Sector Organization or Farmer Based Organization operating at National level
  • Be Registered at the Registrar General’s Department or District Assembly
  • Must be in operations for at least 3 years and must have an audited account
  • Must have the managerial capacity to manage the contract and its reporting systems
  • Must have a strategy for continuity and sustainability

 How to Apply

Interested organizations must download the application form and send it via email at the address given on the website.

Eligible Country: Ghana

For more information, please visit BUSAC Fund.

Special Offer!

Pay only half and Get Full Access to Premium Membership. For a limited time only. 50% Discount if you join today!

UN Women RFPs: Providing Support in Advancing Understanding of Journalists and Media towards Greater Gender Equality

IUCN NL Small Grants for the Purchase of Nature (SPN): Enabling Strong Local Conservation NGOs to Protect Habitat

Samuel H. Kress Foundation: Inviting Applicants for History of Art Grants Program

Kress Foundation’s Conservation Grants Program: Supporting Professional Practice of Art Conservation

Armenia Art Foundation: Financial Support for Art Projects

Entries Open for FedEx Small Business Grant Contest!

Submit Applications for Arts Council Malta’s CEF Travel Grants Program!

The Arts Council of Ireland: Seeking Applications for Arts Grant Funding Programme

FRRR: Seeking Applications for Small Grants for Rural Communities (SGRC)

Nesta’s Everyone Makes Innovation Policy: Offering Grants of Up to £15,000

DHHS/ACL: Disability and Rehabilitation Research Projects Program- Health and Function (Development)

Youth IV Call for Projects: Supporting Decentralized Cooperation for Young People

EU Call for Proposals: Grant Scheme for EU-Turkey Intercultural Dialogue (ICD)

NRCan Call for Preliminary Proposals: Clean Energy for Rural and Remote Communities – Capacity Building Stream

Apply for “Creating Hope in Conflict: A Humanitarian Grand Challenge”!

EVAWI: Seeking Proposals for International Conference on Sexual Assault, Intimate Partner Violence and Increasing Access

The Jack Chester Foundation: Supporting Compelling Programs in Israel and the U.S. Jewish community

U.S. Embassy Ulaanbaatar Local Grants: Annual Program Statement

Voice: Inviting Organisations for Indonesia Empowerment Grants Program

Voice’s Indonesia Influencing Grants: Amplifying the Voices of Marginalised and Discriminated Groups

New Zealand Embassy Fund China: Inviting Community Groups and NGOs

The D’Oyly Carte Charitable Trust: Funding Charities in the UK

Applications Open for New Zealand Embassy Fund Mongolia!

U.S. Embassy in Ethiopia: Enhancing the Role of Religious Leaders and Institutions in Attaining the 90-90-90 Fast Track Targets