Deadline: 20 July 2020
The GFA has been awarded a mandate from the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) to implement the new regional project “Strengthening Social Entrepreneurship for Migration & Development”.
- key stakeholders contribute to creating and enhancing an entrepreneurial ecosystem for migration & development at national and regional levels
- increase in sustainability of migration & development solutions through market-based approach
- entrepreneurs develop, sustainably implement, and potentially scale their migration & development solutions on national, regional and cross-regional levels.
- Building capacities
- Reducing exploitation
- Migrant enterpreneurs and business
- Products, services or platforms tailored for migrants
- The SEST should have a good understanding of the challenges and opportunities of social entrepreneurs in one or more of the following countries: Jordan, Egypt and Lebanon.
- The SEST must have experience in supporting (social) entrepreneurs. Ideally, but not mandatory, related to entrepreneurs providing services or products to migrants and refugees directly or indirectly to ensure economical sustainability.
- The SEST needs to demonstrate a track record of implementing medium scale donor funded projects through the past three years with a minimum total budget of 500k Euros
- The SEST needs the financial capacity to raise or provide 50% co-financing for this project. All sorts of co-financing mechanisms and tools are welcome, priority will be given to entities that shows the capability to engage private sector organisations contribution
- The SEST needs to have / be able to recruit the team capacity to implement such a project.
- The SEST must be registered under the respective country’s rules and regulations. It can be either an NGO, a public organisation or a private sector company that has the legal ability to receive funds.
- Priority will be given to entities that have the capacity to implement projects in more than one country.