Deadline: 15 July 2018
The Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) has launched a call for proposals that will reward the most disruptive ventures in Latin America and the Caribbean that are using innovation to improve lives.
The selected startups will participate in Demand Solutions Chile, which will take place on November 21 in Santiago, Chile. Demand Solutions is the IDB’s flagship innovation event that brings together the world’s most forward-thinking minds to share creative solutions to the development challenges in Latin America and the Caribbean.
In this edition, startups can participate in two thematic areas. In the first, they must provide solutions in four categories related to the cultural and creative industries:
- Design with social sense: sustainable fashion, smart fashion, urban art, wearable technology.
- Multimedia that improves lives: videogames, digital content, and audiovisual content.
- New technologies: 3D printing, blockchain, internet of things, artificial intelligence, machine learning, robotics
- Export of services to global markets: production and commercialization of cultural content, export of goods and creative services.
The 10 most innovative startups in the creative industries will be selected to participate in Demand Solutions Chile with all expenses paid for one representative per startup. At Demand Solutions, the 10 selected startups will compete for the following prize: 1st Place USD $25,000
- The startup must be addressing a development challenge to improve lives
- Participants must be over 18 years old as of June 8, 2018.
- The startup’s representative must be a founder or co-founder of the startup.
- The representative must be a citizen of one of the IDB’s borrowing member countries.
- The solution or product presented must already be in execution (ideas or future projects will not be considered), with at least a minimum viable product being tested by users.
- The solution presented must have been in operation at least one year, and no more than three years.
- The startup must be legally registered at the time of the submission of the proposal.
- The startup and the presented solution must be operating in one of the IDB’s borrowing member countries.
- The startup must be prepared to raise funds to go onto a new level of growth and impact.
- It must have a business model. Projects that are non-profit will not be considered.
- Applications can be filled out in any of the IDB official languages (Spanish, English, Portuguese or French).
- Startups and representatives who have participated in previous editions of Demand Solutions will not be eligible.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit Call for Proposals.