Deadline: 15 April 2020
The Charity Entrepreneur is currently seeking applications for the 2020 Incubation Program.
The program will be held from June 29 to August 28, 2020 in London, UK.
Why you should start a new charity
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- $215,000 to Charities
- Achieve an impact equivalent to about $215K/year in donations to effective charities.
- Highly recommended
- Pursue a career that is highly encouraged by GiveWell and supported by the Open Philanthropy Project.
- Better Interventions
- Move resources toward more cost-effective, evidence-based interventions.
- Capacity Building
- Increase your future impact by gaining entrepreneurial experience directly from EA mentors.
- Funding, Legal and Office Space: The seed funding will give you a strong start. New organizations will receive seed grants of up to $100,000 per co-founding team. They’ll handle initial legal hurdles so that you have time to focus on what matters. You’ll also be able to use co-working space for one year, free of charge, to work on your new charity.
- A Powerful Network: Tap into Effective Altruism’s powerful, worldwide network of mentors, funders, and skilled workers. They’ll feature you in networking events and connect you to the right people.
- Ongoing Mentorship and Assistance: You’ll be trained directly by the Charity Entrepreneur’s team for two months, during which time they’ll pay for your tuition, flights, meals, and housing. After you graduate, they continue to provide one-on-one mentorship weekly for up to 12 months after the charity’s founding.
At the Program
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Master fundamental principles of managing high-impact organizations, including:
- Measurement and Evaluation;
- Basic Statistics;
- Task Management;
- Organizational Prioritization;
- Strategic Decision making;
- Budgeting and Legalities;
- Charity Registration;
- Forming a Board.
Learn more relevant skills such as:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Hiring and firing;
- How to deal with conflict;
- Communication (written, in-person, persuasion, providing feedback);
- Public relations and transparency;
- Public speaking, pitching ideas;
- Basics of self-care.
You’ll practice these skills in real-world partner projects. All information will also be presented in a handbook with ready-made templates.
Finish the Program with
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- Co- Founder: They’ll help you find a perfect match to work with based on partner-projects and multiple evaluations.
- Plan & Budget: You’ll prepare a budget and a strategic plan to kickstart your charity right after the program.
- Branding: You’ll create a simple website and logo and record a high-quality video — all you need to promote your organization.
In the Classroom
The Incubation Program’s format resembles a full-course load at a university in terms of hours and workload. You can expect:
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
- Seven to eight hours of work a day;
- Lectures and videos;
- Individual and partner projects;
- Assigned reading;
- Guest speakers.
Applicants from any country are eligible for this program.
For more information, visit https://www.charityentrepreneurship.com/apply-now.html