Deadline: 1 February 2017
Innovate UK is seeking applications for its Open Program Round 2 with an aim to help businesses develop new products, processes and services with commercial potential.
Proposals should demonstrate disruptive and/or cutting-edge innovations. Businesses should demonstrate evidence-based ambition and potential for return on investment, growth and scale-up, preferably with access to global markets.
The competition is open to the best business-led, innovative or disruptive ideas or concepts. These can be drawn from any technology, engineering or industrial area. This area can be one that fits into, or be outside of, any one or more of Innovate UK’s 4 priority sectors for growth.
To be in scope, a proposal must:
- demonstrate transformational or disruptive innovation leading to novel, new products, processes or services
- articulate a clear, anticipated growth and commercialization impact for the business(es) with considerable, demonstrable (as you would set out in a pitch to any serious investor) potential to lead to a significant return on investment (ROI)
Priority will be given to proposals that are likely to lead to sustainable gains in productivity and/or access to new overseas markets through export-led business growth.
- To be in scope, total costs for the project must be between £25,000 to £1 million.
- Projects should last between 6 months to 36 months.
To lead a project you must:
- be a UK-based business
- be a business of any size
- carry out your project in the UK
- work alone or in collaboration with others (businesses, research base and third sector)
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Country: UK
For more information, please visit Open Program Round 2.